Om Mani Padme Hum is a six-syllable Sanskrit mantra in Tibetan Buddhism. Also known as the Mani Mantra, it is one of the most important and most powerful mantras in the Buddhist tradition.
As a powerful symbol, the Om Mani Padme Hum bracelet has gained popularity among those who want to achieve happiness, luck, and good fortune. But most importantly, this bracelet has touched the hearts of those who desire enlightenment.
Here we will explore the meaning and benefits of Om Mani Padme Hum bracelets. Read on to find out how these mantra bracelets help improve your everyday life and what you must do to activate its full powers.
Om Mani Padme Hum Bracelet Meaning
"Thus the six syllables, Om Mani Padme Hum, mean that in dependence on the practice which is in indivisible union of method and wisdom, you can transform your impure body, speech, and mind into the pure body, speech, and mind of a Buddha." – Dalai Lama
Buddhists believe that the Om Mani Padme Hum mantra is the essence of all Buddha’s teachings.
The six-syllable Sanskrit mantra translates to “the jewel is in the lotus.” This means that the Divine is within each one of us.
This can also be interpreted as wisdom that leads to enlightenment. The “jewel” symbolizes a pure state of mind, while the “lotus” represents wisdom.
But the wisdom being referred to here is not knowledge. Rather, it speaks about the clarity of mind. It is said that quieting the mind is crucial for reaching the path of enlightenment.
Understanding the Chant
To further understand, find out the meaning of the Om Mani Padme Hum etched in a bracelet.
- Om (ॐ ohm) – The sound or “vibration” of the universe. This sound is the most important of all, as it is the God-force or universal energy. When chanted, it releases the attachments to pride and ego, establishing generosity.
- Mani – Usually translated as “jewel,” which means the intention of becoming enlightened. The Ma (म mah) releases the attachments to jealousy and lust, establishing ethics. While the Ni (णि nee) releases the attachments to passion and desire, establishing patience.
- Padme – Commonly translated as “lotus,” which represents wisdom. The Pad (प, pahd) releases the attachments to prejudice and ignorance, establishing perseverance. The Me (द्मे, meh) releases the attachments to greed and possessiveness, establishing concentration.
- Hum (हूँ hum) – Refers to the unshakeable force. When chanted, it releases the attachments to hatred and aggression, establishing wisdom.
Om Mani Padme Hum Bracelet Benefits
With its immense power, it is believed that you will achieve happiness, luck, and good fortune when you wear this mantra, according to Buddhist tradition.
The Mani Mantra also serves as powerful protection against negativity. Thanks to its high vibration, it is said to have a purifying effect on its surroundings. The purified air calms and soothes people, releasing them from their sufferings.
In ancient times, people place flags and stones with the mantra inscribed to protect their homes from negative energies. This also attracts good karma towards their homes.
When worn, it helps protect its wearer from negativity. It also helps you find focus, enabling you to attain your goals and wishes.
But aside from these Om Mani Padme Hum bracelet benefits, there are 15 primary reasons to use this mantra.
15 Benefits of Reciting Om Mani Padme Hum
- You will meet with spiritual leaders or virtuous kings in every life. This allows you to practice Dharma or the universal truth.
- In every life, you will be born in places with access to gurus, temples, and traditions that allow you to practice Dharma.
- You will be blessed with good fortune that lets you practice meditations and Buddha’s teachings.
- You will have the chance to find virtuous friends.
- You will be reborn in a body that can take you to the path of enlightenment.
- You will have a mind attuned to the path of virtue.
- You will have an unfaltering sense of personal morality.
- You will live in harmony with the people around you.
- You will possess enough wealth and financial well-being to live a fine life.
- Other people will always serve and protect you.
- Your wealth will be protected from thieves and robbers.
- You will gain the ability to succeed in every endeavor in life.
- The virtuous nagas and devas will always protect you.
- You will be in a position to hear the Dharma and see Buddha in every life.
- You will understand and practice the sacred meaning of emptiness when you hear the Dharma.
Use the Om Mani Padme Hum bracelet for meditation, achieve enlightenment and experience its miracles!
Proper Ways of Using The Om Mani Padme Hum Bracelet
There are various ways to gain the benefits of your Om Mani Padme Hum bracelet. You can do either of the following:
- Recite the mantra
- Wear the mantra on your body
- Inhale the breath of those who have chanted the mantra
- Touch someone who has recited the mantra
- See someone who has recited the mantra
- Write down the mantra
When you recite the Om Mani Padme Hum, it transforms you. You turn into someone who carries a gift.
People who chant the mantra bless the air they breathe and the water they touch. This allows the spread of the teachings of Buddha.
When worn, you are reminded to take the path to enlightenment. You become aware of the immense powers that come from the Om Mani Padre Hum.
If you want to activate the full powers of the Om Mani Padme Hum bracelet, you should become one with Buddha and allow yourself to purify your body, speech, and mind.
Connect with the Divine that resides within us. It is only then that you will attain true enlightenment.